Our lab equipment
Photoelectron Spectroscopy (PES)
- Small spot XPS with FOCUS 500 x-ray monochromator (SPECS), UV source and Phoibos 150 MCD analyzer (SPECS) and LEED.
- Further XPS spectrometers with hemispherical analyzers, standard x-ray sources, LEED for specific applications.
- Kelvin Probe and other complementary techniques.
Photoelectron Diffraction (XPD, LEED)
- Angle resolved XPS spectrometer with Phoibos 100 MCD analyzer (SPECS), suitable for large samples. Both the polar and the azimuthal angle are automatically controlled during the measurement.
Raman Microscopy & Spectroscopy (Raman)
Infrared Microscopy & Spectroscopy (FT-IR)
Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- HITACHI SU8030 scanning electron microscope with Bruker-EDX (energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy).
Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
- Nanoscope III (Digital Instruments)
- Theory vs. Experiment (For example, XPD and XAS simulations using standard programme packages)
Member of the Lisa+ Network offering a large variety of facilites. The folloing LISA+ devices are managed by our group:
Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM)
Scanning Auger Microscopy (AES, SAM)